Another Barney Question

I have been told that the Logans Ridge track can be accessed from Yellow Pinch carpark without going all the way back along Upper Logan Rd. This would remove a boring section of the hike and also the need to go through private property which is clearly signed NO TRESPASSING. It would make more sense to do the entire walk on NP property. Has anyone taken this route and if so, info would be appreciated. I recently did Logans again for my 72nd birthday and it is one of my all time favourite walks but didn’t want to spend time trying to find a new route myself as I had other family members with me who were doing the walk for the first time and couldn’t risk wasting time before we had even started.
Thanks
John

It is possible to access Logan’s Ridge from Yellow Pinch and avoid crossing the private property. There is a trail called “Logan’s Ridge Connector” which links up with Logan’s Ridge after the private property you are referring to ends - and to my knowledge remains on National Park grounds for its entirety.

Hi, it is possible, shorter and makes more sense, but I have never done it although I did speak to a couple of guys who had.
I guess you could take a bearing from the carpark to the gate and just head in that direction hoping to find a path, but unless you started at the right place you could run into trouble and I haven’t had the time to risk it.
You could talk to the guides at Barney Lodge, I found them helpful in the past. I am surprised that to my knowledge a route has never been posted by someone who has done it. I would love to get an answer to this. I had the same problem with the Mt Ernest route since permission is no longer given to pass through the private property, I spent a couple of hours one morning plotting a route through the NP to prepare for the hike this winter.

There are plenty of routes that have been posted on Wikiloc that follow the Logan’s Connector Ridge and also plenty of routes on the app that summit Mt. Ernest without going on private property. I would highly recommend checking it out, it’s great for assisting with route planning (and also helped me with navigation when completing both of those aforementioned routes).

Me again, I misread the post initially, thinking you were asking a question.
If you have recorded the track I would appreciate a copy.