Mt Ernest hike on Friday 26/6

Hi all, I am planning on hiking up Mt. Ernest on Friday for the first time and would appreciate any info on what to expect, there is not a lot I can find online other than a couple of old articles. How does it compare to Barney? Is it worth the effort or is there a better way to spend the day?
Thanks
john

Hi all I’m sorry I missed this inquiry from last year and any replies. I’d like to have a crack at Mt Ernest this season and would be grateful for any advice even if you are repeating yourself :joy:

Hi smarty,
Last year I spent a lot of time trying to contact the owners of the private property through which the marked track passes. I finally managed to speak with a lady who lives on the property ( not the owner ) and she said they no longer allow access through their land. I later spoke with a NP ranger who advised me to enter at the Mt Lindsay end, and staff at Barney Lodge said to follow the marked route to the campground then head up the fire trail and pick your way up a ridge. I decided to do a reconnaissance trip wit a friend to find the best option. We ended up plotting what seems to be the simplest route, as follows:
Cross the creek at the Conan Creek campground then head roughly south east, back towards the park/ private property boundary, crossing a couple of gullies until you teach the boundary fence. Once you hit the fence, follow it uphill and it will bring you very close to the track marked on GPS track apps. From there on just follow the ridge up as shown on maps. That is as far as we got on that day but it is straight forward after that. I didn’t get back last year but will be doing it now it has cooled down again. If you get there before me, let me know how you went.
Cheers
John.
Just checked my app and I saved the route so adding it below.
As you can see, we did a bit of meandering but you can spot where we met the track and this is the way I will go later.