Walking Partner wanted for Carnarvon Great Walk

Hi, I am a 45 yr married male looking for a walking partner to do the Carnarvon Great Walk.

I am a proud dad of two kids under three, thus why I will be tackling this track alone as mum has to stay back and look after the kids. I am a semi fit person who likes to compete in a couple of Ultra Marathons each year so am not concerned about the physical demands. Its just nice to have somebody to share the experience with.

I plan on completing the walk in 5 days, but can stretch it to 6 if its required for the walking party. I have a bit of flexibility as to when I can do this but am look between the last week of August and the first week of October.

Please let me know if this interests you.

Thanks, Jason

PS: I live in Chinchilla and am happy to pick anybody up if they require a lift and its not to far out of the way. Otherwise get yourself to here and I can take you the rest of the way.

Gudday Jason. Did you get any takers?

I have been thinking about the Carnarvon walk for a while and was thinking of sometime around September - outside the school holidays and before the weather warms up too much.

I spot you quite a few years but I spent 7 weeks trekking in Chile, Argentina and Peru through mid-April to early -June followed by a week of serious climbing in the Corillera Blanca and came back pretty fit. Lost a bit of condition over the last 6 weeks but wouldn’t take long to get it back and I might well be able to make your 5 day target.

I have a car club event on around the Queen’s Birthday weekend but am semi-retired and otherwise pretty flexible. In Brisbane so Chinchilla is on my way.

Let me know if you are still keen.

1 Like

Hey Gmess, Nice to hear from you. No, no takers yet. I didn’t have high hopes since I didn’t give much notice and it takes a bit to plan something like this. I am still keen but also have a few commitments over the coming 2 months. Kids Birthdays etc. I’m a business owner so pretty flexible with times as long as I can swing staff to cover me while I’m away. I was also contemplating a smaller coastal great walk to for three nights if your interested?

1 Like

Sent you a message. I have also been looking at the Conondale circuit as something short and close to home that I can fit in without much planning.