Yul-yan-man: which direction best?

Hi folks. I’m researching this walk to do with a group of fit 14 yr-olds.
I would be planning to complete the walk using the Trachyte Circuit track to make the round trip.
I may consider summiting Beerburrum as part of the walk but I will assess this first as I haven’t done these walks.
The guide in Aussie Bushwalking describes doing the track heading North-west (although it does mention you can double back to return along Yul-yan-man).
Has anyone done this stretch heading back to Beerburrum along the Yul-yan-man track heading South-east? Is this also a good way to come along the track in terms of views, safety and ease? I’m supposing that you might have Tibrogargan to your back.

Thanks for the advice folks if you have any.

Matthew hi.
By far the best way to do this track is from the Beerburrum end, as you are facing the mountains as you work you way to the junction of the Trachyte Circuit. This is the ‘hard’ part of the walk, but the most fun.
Turning right onto Trachyte Circuit and then right again down Soldiers Settlement Track back to the start is pretty flat through dry eucalypt forest.
After 8km over 4hr, if the kids have any energy left, get them to run up Mount Beerburrum and back!

Great FAB! Exactly what I wanted to know. Are you serious about the Mt Beerburrum ending though? Is the ascent a bit technical? This is a basketball team who play for a representative side in Brisbane. Pretty strong fit boys but I want to make sure it’s safe and no injuries before the State Championships start in April!

Mt Beerburrum is a quads killer. From the ‘old car park’, it is a steep 700m concrete access road to the fire tower, with great views of the Glass House Mountains.
That’s why we call it Mt Beerbum!

Thanks again FABs. Looking forward to this.