What am I working on?

@F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven - I’ve added a “camping” tag now as you suggested. It’s live on the site. Hopefully people will include details about the camping when they use the tag.

1 Like

@F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven Those routes at Evans Head are fixed up now and showing correctly on the map and the elevation profile. There are still some bugs I’ll need to fix to make sure it doesn’t happen again but I’ve got those marked down to work on.

1 Like

Thanks for that Richard.
I think with the camping I am going to stick with ticking the icon only if there is camping within the National Park/Forest/Conservation Area and conversely if there is ‘no camping’ allowed.

Yep, saw that the ‘tracks’ had been sorted. Have come across a few others (KML and GPX) that are strange, so will try the option to load a new version and then ask you to delete the incorrect one.

1 Like

Richard, any chance you can increase the number of walks per page in ‘my profile’?

Currently it is 10 per page, but would be helpful to increase it to 20 (or more).

Thanks.

@F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven - I like easy requests :slight_smile: Profile page shows 20 at a time now.

1 Like

Interesting one for you to fix Richard. We were up in Brooyar State Forest last weekend camping and bushwalking (looks like you were there in 2009!). Anyway, the ‘region’ comes up on the ‘walks’ map with a symbol and co-ordinates, which should not be the case. Non of these details are in the ‘edit’, so must be something hidden in the system.

Wow! That’s a surprising one @F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven. I suspect there’s a hidden walk there that happens to have the same name as the region and I’m not dealing with that correctly. Thanks for pointing it out. I’ll let you know once I get to the bottom of it and I’ll see if there are any other similar ones.

And yes, we spent an easter camping there I think. My main memory is the really bad traffic on the way home :slight_smile: We did a bit of rock climbing there as well.

1 Like

Looks like you have cracked this one Richard, with the region (Brooyar State Forest) and the walk having the same name. Not sure when the walk was posted, but I believe it is the Scrubby Creek Circuit from Glastonbury Camping Area. We did this one last Sunday morning and the description is vaguely correct. I will rename and relocate it, add the gps track and update the details. Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry, it is Glastonbury Creek Loop, no Scrubby Creek.

1 Like

Here’s the message I wrote and forgot to hit submit on :slight_smile:

@F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven So as I predicted it was a clash between a walk and a region with the same name. I’ve done a quick fix by making the url for the walk different - https://www.aussiebushwalking.com/qld/brooyar-state-forest-walk

I also found one other place it has happened up at Crows Nest - https://www.aussiebushwalking.com/qld/crows-nest-national-park-walk

I haven’t looked at whether these walks can be merged into another one but I susepect they can, or perhaps renamed to the actual track name. The map won’t be updated yet, it should automatically fix itself by tomorrow. I’ll also mark down a task to prevent this happening in the future.

1 Like

Yep, Crows Nest is a duplicate walk, so I have merged it into Koonin Lookout. Looks like there is a second duplicated walk here, so will tidy that up as well.

Not sure what we did wrong when we corrected Brooyar State Forest region, but it is now a sub-region of Australia rather than Queensland. Please can you correct. Thanks.

Also noticed that Whitsundays region has also managed to get itself as a sub of Australia and needs to be moved back into Queensland.

Thanks Paul. Sounds like there might be a bug in the code for editing regions. I’ll fix those up and try to get to the bottom of it.

1 Like

@F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven I’ve moved those two regions back under Queensland but still haven’t found what caused it. I noticed the Whitsundays region doesn’t have any content. There is also a “Mackay, Isaac and Whitsunday” region. I’m thinking I should just remove the Whitsundays region entirely.

Agree Richard, drop Whitsundays as it is already covered and has no ‘walk’ attached.

This morning a new walk was posted called ‘The Cream Track’ by a ‘miike2000’, but without any co-ordinates.
Working off the description, I was able to see that it was a duplication of an existing walk and I have now merge the two.

1 Like

Always coming up with something for you Richard!
Last week a walker commented on the Mt Chowan bushwalk that the GPS track was inaccurate. The KML track looks to be a route and comes out on the graph as a straight line. Having walked this track some time ago, I have loaded a new GPX track that I think will be more accurate.
Please can you delete the original KML track/route. Thanks.

Thanks @F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven. I’ve fixed that up. As always, the map will take a few hours to update

And keep coming up with things for me to do :slight_smile: I love it!

1 Like

Could a moderator change the sub region on the Neranwood Multi Use Trail from Springbrook National Park where it doesn’t belong to South East Queensland when they are doing there rounds. Thanks.

1 Like

All done Lahs. Changed to South East QLD.

2 Likes