What am I working on?

Looks like I have a bit of tidying up to do on some of the new walks posted over the Christmas period. There are at least four that have no co-ordinates posted, so can’t be seen by everyone and a number of duplicate walks posted to be merged up!

A couple of the tidy ups I need your help Richard.
Three ‘regions’ have come up on the overall ‘world’ area.

1. You Yangs Regional Park need to be moved to Victoria.
  2. Sunshine Coast QLD Australia already exists, has no walks attached and should be deleted.
  3. Banff National Park, Canadian Rocky Mountains needs to be moved to Overseas.
    Thanks.

Thanks Paul. I’ve cleaned those up. Thanks for all the other fixups you’ve done as well.

1 Like

A couple of changes for those with administrative powers when they are tiding.

1. The two photos from the Paradise to Westcott walk in the Bunya Mountains are both of Paradise falls which isn’t on this track but instead is on the Barker Creek Circuit. I have just done this walk so will upload relevant photos once these ones are moved.

2. There is a photo of Purling brook falls captioned ‘Bb’ image 2 of 4 on the gorge falls track and a photo of Purling brook falls captioned ‘Even in the rain the falls are worth the walk’ image 3 of 71 on the twin falls circuit walk. Both these images should be deleted as they are on the wrong walks and probably isn’t necessary to transfer them to Purling Brook Falls Circuit and Warringa Pool as the walk already has 79 photos with better versions of the photos in question already on the walk.

Thanks @Lahs. I’ve fixed all of those up. Great work recognising them.

I’ve been working on tools so we can manage the photos better but unfortunately it has been very slow going on it with many other things going on at the same time. I’m hoping to include some manner of pushing the better photos to the top of the list so places like Purling Brook has the best photos as the first ones you see.

1 Like

Richard, you might want to check this out, as it looks like the main ‘walks’ map is not updating on a regular basis. The last two new walks do not appear on it. The last walk, the young lady decided to name the walk after herself, but I will correct this in a few days!

Thanks @F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven. I fixed this up yesterday and just confirmed that the new walks are there. Just need to add something to prevent it happening again now.

Go away for a few weeks to South Australia and all hell breaks loose? Had 3/4 walks loaded with no co-ordinates to sort out and at least one duplicate. Keeps me busy.
However, need you help Richard to sort three ‘regions’ that have been created within the ‘world region’.

1. Amamoor State Forest, which has a number of linked walks need to be moved into Queensland.

2. Tambourine, has no linked walks and already exists as Tambourine NP. Please delete.

3. Gold coast, has no linked walks and should be deleted. However, we don’t currently have a Gold Coast within Queensland and as there are quite a few walks in the area now, we should, so maybe move it into Queensland but change the spelling of ‘coast’ to a capitol ‘C’.
    Thanks.

Richard, we have a ‘gun’ contributor of new walks at the moment I notice. Goes under the name of ‘Vonsnrub’.

Everything he puts up is so full of detail, never misses a thing and should be congratulated.

Wish everyone did the same!

1 Like

Just saw this and really appreciate that, thanks! I have been using the hikes you post as a template haha

2 Likes

Absolutely. I need to find something to thank you top contributors, @F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven & @Vonsnrub I’ve had a couple of ideas over the years but never finished anything. Please know that you’re greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

For a moderator, I have a track to be deleted / merged. Did the razorback to Mount Feathertop last Thursday and found there were two tracks for the walk albeit both had little information or wrong information I have corrected one and called it Razorback Ridge to Mount Feathertop while the other is called Mt Feathertop. It appears the original user may have done a four day walk but there isn’t enough information for it and both subsequent ticks appear to just be the razorback hike. All ticks should be shifted to the other walk and then that walk deleted. I’ve also made this walk one way because there are alternative ways to get down so thus these people who went out and back should be give 2 ticks.
Thanks lahs

Thanks @Lahs. I’ve merged those two walks.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Sleeping Bag Recommendation

Oh, Richard, just come across a walk that is in fact an advertisement for a property, while planning my trip. Looks like it has been there since 2019 and we did not pick up on it.
Please can you delete ‘Bellthorpe Stays’. Thanks.

Thanks Paul. That one is gone now. Generally I’m happy for these types of places to be posted as long as their not primarily and ad and the walks are open to the public. In this case you can only walk them if you stay there so not appropriate.

Richard, please can you clarify ‘ticked’ walks for me please.
I saw this a month or so ago, but did not write the details down, but today I have an example. A Melissa Nuttall ticked (twice) the Lagoon Circuit - Townsville Town Common Conservation Park, all be it with no comment and that appears correctly on her profile. But if you look at the walk itself, it says nobody has ticked it yet.
Does this imply that a walk will only be recorded as ‘ticked’, if it is accompanied by a comment, or is there a system error?

@F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven That appears to be a bug. They should be counted unless they’re marked as private ticks, which they are not. I’ll look into it.

@F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven All fixed. It wasn’t counting correctly if there were no public comments.

1 Like

Hi guys, seems to currently be an issue when trying to edit / correct walk details. An error message of;
(There’s been an error trying to look up the region you have select. Please try again.) appears when trying to finalise changes to the walk.