What am I working on?

Lahs hi. I tried a couple of edits and did not come up with the same error, so not sure why it happened. Did an ordinary edit and then separately a region edit and all went through no problem.

Okay odd. Iā€™ve tried logging out and back in and that didnā€™t change anything and it also doesnā€™t appear to be region specific as the same message is given for any walk I try to edit.

Thanks @Lahs Thatā€™s good info to know. Iā€™ve seen errors coming in that I think are from this problem but I hadnā€™t been able to isolate it. Perhaps it is specific to some users. Iā€™ll investigate and hopefully be able to solve it this time.

1 Like

@Lahs thatā€™s fixed up now. You should be able to edit again. Thanks for helping find the error.

1 Like

Richard hi. Was revisiting Pine Hill walk and noticed that its gpx file was not showing up on the map for some reason. So I loaded my version ā€˜58 Pine Hillā€™. Please can you delete the original so that the new one registers correctly. Thanks.

Sorry Richard, just found another one. Gardenerā€™s Falls gpx to be replaced by 60 Gardenerā€™s Falls. Thanks.

Thanks Paul. Iā€™ve fixed both of those.

1 Like

Found some errors though they are to do with regions so I was unable to fix. Would be great if a moderator could get round to them at some point. Involves Mihi Falls, Rock Wallaby Lookout & Salisbury Waters Track which are all currently listed in New England National Park but they are all actually in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. There is no current region for Oxley Wild Rivers National Park with the other 4 walks in the park, chandler view circuit, edgars lookout, chandler walking track & wollomombi walking track all listed under New South Wales. Thus the best fix would probably be to move these seven walks into a region labelled Oxley Wild Rivers National Park under the broader region of New South Wales

Also walks to be deleted

• Purling Brook Falls & Natural Bridge : (just two walks someone has done on their day out both of which already exist just a case of a user not understanding ticking existing walks)
  • Coomera Circuit (clockwise) : exact same walk as Coomera circuit which shouldā€™ve been ticked instead
  • Mt May circuit - without exposure : (describes the exact same walk as Mount May though has some decent info that could be retained though and put in the route/trail notes of the other walk)

Lahs hi.
I think that I have sorted out all of your request.
Oxley Wild River National Park now exists in its own right and the seven walks have been moved across to it.
Purling, Coomera and May duplicate walks have been merged, with a little more work to be done on Mount Mayā€™s descriptions.
Had previously looked at Purling and could not work out what the contributors were trying to record, as Purling and Natural Bridge were two separate walks and kilometres apart.
If you come across more errors, please let us know and we will try and sort it. Thanks.

1 Like

Richard hi.
Not sure if I loaded a ā€˜trackā€™ incorrectly for Emerald Woods or the system is not updating correctly? Loaded the ā€˜trackā€™ on Monday 7/2 but it does not appear anywhere yet.

@F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven not sure what went wrong there. I was able to fix it quite easily so Iā€™m not sure why it didnā€™t work automatically. As far as I can tell the automated job is running.

It will still take a bit of time to update on the main map, but the elevation profile is there and it will appear on the map on the Emerald Woods page.

Hi Richard, I posted the Mt Townsend walk a couple of weeks back but the marker doesnā€™t seem to appear on the map. I tried editing the walk and moving the marker but no joy. Would it be possible for you to have a look at it? Cheers

Thanks for letting me know @Vonsnrub. Iā€™m looking into it.

@Vonsnrub All fixed. A server filled up and I didnā€™t get a message about it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just deployed a number of updates to the site which should address some of the errors that have been happening recently. Hopefully the site will be a bit more reliable and respond quicker.

2 Likes

Richard hi. Have been tidying up some of my old walks again and came across one with a very inaccurate GPS Track and have now added a correct one.
Please can you go to Dularcha NP - Tunnel Track and delete GPS Track ā€˜94 Tunnel Trackā€™ and substitute ā€˜94A Tunnel Trackā€™. Thanks.

Richard, looks like GPS Tracks are not updating again. Posted the Track for Kenilworth Bluff yesterday afternoon and so far it has not appeared.

Richard another tidy up for you to do please.
Three Falls Trail, was called Falls Circuit, but the GMS Track was incomplete. I have added a new complete track. Please delete ā€˜108 Falls Circuitā€™ and replace with ā€˜108 Three Falls Trailā€™. Thanks.

Thanks @F_A_B_Ferguson_Adven Iā€™ve fixed those two tracks and the Kenilworth Bluff should appear soon, though Iā€™m still investigating why it hadnā€™t automatically.

1 Like

Richard, got a little too enthusiastic updating a walk last week. Managed to post two identical GPS tracks on the same walk!
Walk is ā€˜Chandler Walk to Viewpointā€™, which needs the second GPS named ā€˜387A Chandler Walk to Viewpointā€™ deleted.
Thanks.